TIAA Kaspick's online privacy philosophy and practices
In order to facilitate your use of TIAA Kaspick's online services, we want to give you comfort and confidence in our online security and privacy practices. The following principles govern our information-use practices and other privacy aspects of our websites. TIAA Kaspick:
- Provides you notice of our website information-use practices
- Tells you how and why we use web technologies
- Lets you know how we use the information you provide us
- Gives you an opportunity to have us correct your personal information
- Notifies you about how we comply with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
Provides you notice of our website information-use practices
Tells you how and why we use web technologiesTIAA Kaspick's designed its various online services to allow us to:
- Exchange information with our nonprofit clients regarding trusts and other arrangements for which they serve as trustee;
- Enable our clients to share portfolio and other information with the donors and beneficiaries of these trusts;
- Provide clients with materials and software tools (such as our Gift Advisor software) to facilitate their work with current and prospective donors; and
- Provide current and prospective clients, donors and beneficiaries, and other interested parties with information about TIAA Kaspick and its services.
We use SSL encryption by Entrust for the parts of the TIAA Kaspick website that allow our clients and their donors and beneficiaries to access account information, and for clients to transmit information to us. SSL encryption is the industry standard for secure data transfer software to ensure that the data you transmit or that is transmitted to you through the Internet is protected against unauthorized access.
Lets you know how we use the information you provide us
Personal information is maintained by TIAA Kaspick in order to provide the services requested and to fulfill our legal and regulatory requirements.
- The general public and private clients: We do not collect information on those who just visit a TIAA Kaspick website. However, we may collect nonpublic personal information about you if you contact us through the site. For example, if you request more information about TIAA Kaspick and its services, we may ask for your name, address, email address, and telephone number.
- For current nonprofit clients: We do share information with the trustees, donors, or beneficiaries of the trusts or other accounts we manage on your behalf, when necessary or at your request. Additionally, we share information only as necessary with service providers to TIAA Kaspick, for example our auditors, or as required by law, such as the Securities and Exchange Commission or other federal and state regulators. Other than these exceptions, we do not share private information regarding donors and beneficiaries with anyone. We also use the information you enter online to better assist us in managing your account(s). If you send us email communications, we maintain for your files a record of that information-either in a computerized or a paper format.
- Donors and beneficiaries of our clients: Information shared in any email or other communications we have with you will be shared with the trustee of the account we manage on your behalf, and will be used only for the purpose of administering and managing the account.
Gives you an opportunity to have us correct your personal information
When using any TIAA Kaspick online service, should you come across any inaccurate information about you or your account, you should contact us immediately so that we can correct the information. You may write to us, via regular mail or email, or you may call your contact person at either TIAA Kaspick or the trustee institution, as applicable. (See TIAA Kaspick contact information below.)
Notifies you about how we comply with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
Answers to commonly asked questions
What personally identifiable information of mine is collected?
TIAA Kaspick collects various types of personally identifiable information, depending upon the individual's relationship with us. For example:
- As a donor or beneficiary of a trust administration account, we may collect information we receive about you online from the trustee in connection with the trust administration services we provide to the trustee of the account.
- We may also collect nonpublic personal information if you contact us online to ask questions about your account or make other inquiries by mail, email, or telephone.
Who is collecting my information?
You can be assured that TIAA Kaspick is the only one collecting your personal information through this website. We do not collect personal information online from donors or beneficiaries, unless they contact us with a question. We do collect information about donors and beneficiaries, which is needed to service their accounts, from our nonprofit clients. For members of the public and our private clients, only TIAA Kaspick collects information online about you and only from you, if you request information that requires us to get back in touch with you to provide the requested information.
With whom is my information shared?
TIAA Kaspick will not reveal any of your personal information to others unless we have authorization from you, or are required to do so by law.
TIAA Kaspick will send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information
- We need to share your information to provide the services you have requested
- We need to send the information to companies that work on behalf of TIAA Kaspick to provide the services you have requested. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use this personal information beyond what is necessary to assist us.)
- We are required by law to disclose your information.
What if there are changes in the use of my personal information?
If we are going to use your personal information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify you. You will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in a different manner.
How to contact us with additional questions
For information about TIAA Kaspick’s services, contact us at (650) 585-4100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.